Welcome to use our apps and relevant services of WeCan.!
These Terms of Service apply when you access, use or visit our website located at https://wecan-apps.com (the “Site”, “WeCan”), the associated mobile application (the “App”, “WeCan”), and the services provided through the Site and the mobile application developed by WeCan., its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively as “Company”, “WeCan”, “we”, “us” and “our”. The Site, mobile application and these services constituting the “Service”. These Terms of Service (“ToS”) constitute a legal agreement between the user of our products and services (“user” or “you”) and the Company. It applies when a user accesses, uses or visits our Site or Service.
Agreement to Terms
By visiting the Site, downloading the App, or otherwise using the Service, you indicate your agreement to be bound by these ToS. If you do not agree with these ToS, you must not use the Site or Service, and uninstall the App(s) if you have already downloaded them.
We may modify these ToS from time to time. We will notify you of material changes in accordance with applicable laws. If you do not agree with the proposed changes, you should discontinue your use of the Site and/or Service and uninstall the App(s). If you continue using the Site and/or Service after the new terms take effect, you will be bound by the modified ToS.
Notice Regarding Dispute Resolution
These ToS contain provisions that govern how claims you and we may have against each other are resolved, including an agreement and obligation to arbitrate disputes, which, subject to limited exceptions, will require you to submit claims you have against us to binding arbitration, unless you opt-out of arbitration as described below.
If you do not opt-out of arbitration, you will only be permitted to pursue claims and seek relief (including monetary, injunctive, and declaratory relief) against us on an individual basis, not as part of any class or representative action or proceeding.
When you use the Site or Service, you represent that:
- your use of the Site or Service does not violate any applicable law or regulation;
- you are 13 years of age or older; and
- you are of sufficient legal age or otherwise have legal capacity to legally enter into these ToS.
Registration and Your Information
If you want to use certain features of the Services you’ll have to create an account (“Account”). You can do this via the App or the Site or through your account with certain third-party social networking services such as Facebook (each, an “SNS Account”). If you choose the SNS Account option we’ll create your Account by extracting from your SNS Account certain personal information such as your name and email address and other personal information that your privacy settings on the SNS Account permit us to access.
It’s important that you provide us with accurate, complete and up-to-date information for your Account and you agree to update such information, as needed, to keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you don’t, we might have to suspend or terminate your Account. You agree that you won’t disclose your Account password to anyone and you’ll notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. You’re responsible for all activities that occur under your Account, whether or not you know about them.
Using the Services
Via the Services, users can select from a variety of options to create customized relaxation and self-improvement sessions. You can also use the paid functionality of the Services to utilize the enhanced functionality of the Services or purchase items that are offered for sale through the Services (the “Products”), as described in further detail under the Section titled “Purchases” below.
You understand and agree that the Services, Products and any other information you learn from WeCan are not intended, designed, or implied to diagnose, prevent, or treat any condition or disease, to ascertain the state of your health, or to be a substitute for professional medical care. Not all activities described on the Services or Products are suitable for everyone. Do not use the Services while driving, operating heavy machinery, or performing other tasks that require attention and concentration. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for your use of the Services.
WeCan offers certain enhanced features of the Services which you can purchase as a monthly, quarterly, yearly or lifetime subscription (“Subscription”). A description of features associated with Subscriptions is available via the Services. When you purchase a Subscription or a Product (each, a “Transaction”), we may ask you to supply additional information relevant to your Transaction, such as your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card and your address(es) for billing and delivery (such information, “Payment Information”). You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to use all payment method(s) represented by any such Payment Information. The amounts due and payable by you for a Transaction through the Services will be presented to you before you place your order. If you choose to initiate a Transaction via the Services, you authorize us to provide your Payment Information to third party service providers so we can complete your Transaction and agree (a) to pay the applicable fees and any taxes; (b) that WeCan may charge your credit card or third party payment processing account, including, but not limited to, your account with the app store or distribution platform (like the Apple App Store, Google Play or the Amazon Appstore) where the App is made available (each, an “App Provider”), for verification, pre-authorization and payment purposes; and (c) to bear any additional charges that your App Provider, bank or other financial service provider may levy on you as well as any taxes or fees that may apply to your order. You’ll receive a confirmation email after we confirm the payment for your order. Your order is not binding on WeCan until accepted and confirmed by WeCan. All payments made are non-refundable and non-transferable except as expressly provided in these Terms.
If you have any concerns or objections regarding charges, you agree to raise them with us first and you agree not to cancel or reject any credit card or third party payment processing charges unless you have made a reasonable attempt at resolving the matter directly with WeCan.
WeCan reserves the right to not process or to cancel your order in certain circumstances, for example, if your credit card is declined, if we suspect the request or order is fraudulent, or in other circumstances WeCan deems appropriate in its sole discretion. WeCan also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take steps to verify your identity in connection with your order. You may need to provide additional information to verify your identity before completing your Transaction (such information is included within the definition of Payment Information). WeCan will either not charge you or refund the charges for orders that we do not process or cancel.
Users are allowed to use the membership services (the “service”) only if they join the WeCan PLUS aligned with the procedures and requirements within the WeCan app. You can also obtain and use the services by receiving an invitation from friends, free trial discounts or any other methods recognized by WeCan.
The Membership Services refer to WeCan PLUS inside the app. After obtaining or purchasing the service, you are with but not limited to these privileges: Free access to all sound scenes, all meditation courses, and all high-resolution wallpapers. You can go to “Settings” –> “Membership Plan” in the app to join the service, check the status of the service and related information like expire date of the period.
- Auto-renewal service means if you select the “Auto-renewal”, you have authorized WeCan to provide paid subscription services to your account. Also, WeCan is authorized to charge the subscription fee of the next period from the third party account that you designated before the current period ends. You can go to the “Settings” –> “Membership Plan” in the app to enable the auto-renewal services. You may send email to email@example.com to check your subscription status. You can also check the subscription status via third-party platforms.
- If you are using iOS devices, please go to “Settings” –> “iTunes & App Store” –> “Apple ID” –> “View Apple ID” –> “Subscriptions” to check the status.
- If you are using Android devices and subscribed through Google Play, please go to “Google Play” –> “Settings” –> “Subscriptions” to check the status.
- Further information on your rights in relation to the service are subject to and set out in the WeCan app.
After subscribing monthly, quarterly, yearly or lifetime services, you will obtain WeCan PLUS service, respectively, for the period of: 31 calendar days, 90 calendar days, 365 calendar days or lifetime. Depends on the location you are in, the services can be different.
If you are using iOS devices, you may need to pay a certain amount of the fee though IAP (In-App-Purchase) to use our service. The details of the service are subject to the information provided in the WeCan app. For Android devices, you may need to purchase through Google Play or switch to third-party payment methods for a certain amount of the fee to use the service.
The amount of the fee is based on the price tag shows on the service page in WeCan app. The fee you purchase is already tax-included. Once you have purchased the service, you cannot transform the service to any other account. Whether you have used the service or access to the electronic contents during the period, refunds cannot be claimed for any particular subscription period.
The length of the service is subject to the time length you select when purchasing the service. After the subscription expire date, the benefits that exclusive for members will expire from your account automatically.
The Auto-renewal Service is an extra subscription service which is optional only avaliable when you have already purchased the WeCan PLUS service.
- If you select auto-renewal plan when purchasing WeCan PLUS, that means the service provider (WeCan) is authorized to deduct the fee of the next billing cycle from the balance of your third-party payment accounts, debit / credit card, iTunes account (hereinafter referred to as “account”) when the current period is about to expire. Auto-renewal is functional only if you have linked your WeCan account to the payment methods mentioned above and these methods are valid for payment. Users should be responsible for the failures of the auto-renewal if the payment is failed because the balance of the account is not enough.
- WeCan offers monthly and yearly auto-renewal options. For the purposes of monthly and yearly subscriptions, a month constitutes 30 calendar days and a year constitutes 365 calendar days.
- The fee of the auto-renewal service is aligned with the price tag that shows on the WeCan PLUS page in the app when you make the purchase. It won’t be affected by the possible changes in the price of WeCan PLUS service.
- As for the users who select auto-renewal service, the account will be charged 24 hours before the current service period ends. e.g., If you select the monthly renewal plan, when a period ends, your account will be charged the fee of a month and the service period will be extended by one month.
- If you have already seen the “purchase succeeded” notice but your WeCan PLUS service is not activated, please open WeCan app, go to “Settings” –>”About” –> “Restore Purchases” and follow the procedures to restore. The time of restoring purchasing depends on the responding time of the App Store. If you have waited for long time and still haven’t get the response, please quit the app and restart again. Also, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org, we are more than happy to help.
- If you want to cancel the auto-renewal service, please cancel at least 24 hours in advance before the current period ends. The detailed procedures are:
- iOS users who purchased by IAP (In-App-Purchase), please go to “Settings” –> “iTunes & App Store” –> “Apple ID” –> “View Apple ID” –> “Subscriptions”, find WeCan and cancel the subscription.
- For Android devices, since there are too many brands and modules of the devices, please contact email@example.com. and we will help you to cancel the subscriptions.
- If you want to change the auto-renewal plan within an ongoing service period, you may have to cancel the current plan first and then to select another plan for the next subscription period.
- One Apple ID can only activate auto-renewal service for one WeCan account.
Cancellation of Subscription
- You may cancel a subscription at any time. Cancellation is effective at the end of the applicable subscription period. Please make any such cancellation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may cancel our Quaterly, Yearly and Forever subscription plans within the 30-day money back guarantee offer, which entitles you to cancel your subscription and have the full cost refunded to you up to 30 calendar days from your first date of payment, by emailing email@example.com. You are entitled to one refund only. After your refund, any future subscriptions will no longer qualify for the 30-day money back guarantee. No such refunds will apply to subsequent renewals of the Yearly and Two Year subscriptions or subscriptions purchased through the Apple iTunes Store or our iPhone application, or the Google Play Store or our Android application.
- Please note that if you purchase a subscription through the Apple iTunes Store or our iPhone application, you may cancel your subscription by cancelling automatic renewal of paid In App Subscriptions by selecting Manage App Subscriptions in your iTunes Account settings and selecting the subscription you want to modify. If you purchase a subscription through the Google Play store you may cancel automatic renewals in account settings under Subscriptions in the Google Play app, or according to the current process outlined by Google Play.
- We may suspend or terminate your use of the Products as a result of your fraud or breach of any obligation under these Terms. Such termination or suspension may be immediate and without notice. A breach of these Terms, includes without limitation, the unauthorized copying or download of our audio or video content from the Products.
Changes to Price Terms for Subscriptions
WeCan reserves the right to change its pricing terms for Subscriptions at any time and WeCan will notify you in advance of such changes becoming effective. Changes to the pricing terms will not apply retroactively and will only apply for Subscription renewals after such changed pricing terms have been communicated to you. If you do not agree with the changes to WeCan’s pricing terms then you may choose not to renew your Subscription in accordance with the section “Cancellation of Subscription.”
Changes to Price Terms for Subscriptions
Any promotion code or offer provided by us may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion code or offer, past or present. Introductory offers are only available to new users of the Products, except where expressly stated otherwise. Previous users or trial users of the Products do not qualify as new users. No promotion code or discount will apply to corporate or other Community subscriptions. Unless otherwise set forth in the terms of any promotion, all pricing promotions or discounts will apply to the initial period of the subscription, and any renewals will be charged at the rate in effect at the time of renewal for the type of subscription purchased.
You agree that your purchases are not contingent on the delivery of any future functionality or features, or dependent on any oral or written public comments made by WeCan regarding future functionality or features.
We welcome feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Services or Products (“Feedback”). You can submit Feedback by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license under any and all intellectual property rights that you own or control to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon and otherwise exploit the Feedback for any purpose.
Content and Content Rights
For purposes of these Terms, (i) “Content” means text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials that are posted, generated, provided or otherwise made available through the Services; and (ii) “User Content” means any Content that users (including you) provide to be made available through the Services. Content includes without limitation User Content.
WeCan does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit your User Content. Subject to the foregoing, WeCan and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Services and Content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the Services and Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You agree not to remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services or Content.
Rights in User Content Granted by You
By making any User Content available through Services you hereby grant to WeCan a non-exclusive, transferable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform and distribute your User Content in connection with operating and providing the Services and Content to you and to other users.
Rights in Content Granted by WeCan
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, WeCan grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to download, view, copy and display the Content solely in connection with your permitted use of the Services and solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes.
Rights and Terms for Apps
Rights in App Granted by WeCan
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, WeCan grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to download and install a copy of the App on a mobile device or computer that you own or control and to run such copy of the App solely for your own personal non-commercial purposes. WeCan reserves all rights in and to the App not expressly granted to you under these Terms. You may not copy the App, except for making a reasonable number of copies for backup or archival purposes. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms, you may not: (i) copy, modify or create derivative works based on the App; (ii) distribute, transfer, sublicense, lease, lend or rent the App to any third party; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the App; or (iv) make the functionality of the App available to multiple users through any means.
Additional Terms for App Store Apps
If you accessed or downloaded the App from the Apple Store, then you agree to use the App only: (i) on an Apple-branded product or device that runs iOS (Apple’s proprietary operating system software); and (ii) as permitted by the “Usage Rules” set forth in the Apple Store Terms of Service.
If you accessed or downloaded the App from an App Provider, then you acknowledge and agree that:
- These Terms are concluded between you and WeCan, and not with App Provider, and that, as between WeCan and the App Provider, WeCan, is solely responsible for the App.
- App Provider has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
- In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify App Provider and App Provider will refund the purchase price for the App to you (if applicable) and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, App Provider will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. Any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure of an App to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of WeCan.
- App Provider is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App or your possession and use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- In the event of any third-party claim that the App or your possession and use of the App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, WeCan will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by these Terms.
- App Provider and its subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms as related to your license of the App, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Terms, App Provider will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms as related to your license of the App against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
- You must also comply with all applicable third-party terms of service when using the App.
- You agree to comply with all U.S. and foreign export laws and regulations to ensure that neither the App nor any technical data related thereto nor any direct product thereof is exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation of, or used for any purposes prohibited by, such laws and regulations. By using the App you represent and warrant that: (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
You agree not to do any of the following:
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Services, or any individual element within the Services, WeCan’s name, any WeCan trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without WeCan’s express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, WeCan’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of WeCan’s providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any WeCan system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by WeCan or any of WeCan’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services;
- Attempt to access or search the Services or download Collective Content from the Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by WeCan or other generally available third party web browsers;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a WeCan trademark, logo URL or product name without WeCan’s express written consent;
- Use the Services for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation;
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
Although we’re not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Services or Content or to review or edit any Content, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure compliance with these Terms, and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any Content, at any time and without notice, including, but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider any Content to be objectionable or in violation of these Terms. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects the Services. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
Links to Third Party Websites or Resources
The Services and App may contain links to third-party websites or resources. We provide these links only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those websites or resources or links displayed on such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party websites or resources.
We may terminate your access to and use of the Services, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. You may cancel your Account at any time by sending an email to us at email@example.com. If you purchase Subscription via an App Provider, you should also cancel your Subscription with the App Provider directly. Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of Services or your Account, all provisions of these Terms which by their nature should survive will survive, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, limitations of liability, and dispute resolution provisions.
The information contained in the Products is for general information purposes only. While we endeavor to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the Products or the information contained on the Products for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
WeCan is a provider of online and mobile meditation, sleep and focus content in the health & wellness space. We are not a health care or medical device provider, nor should our Products be considered medical advice. Only your physician or other health care provider can do that. While there is third party evidence from research that meditation can assist in the prevention and recovery process for a wide array of conditions as well as in improving some performance and relationship issues, WeCan makes no claims, representations or guarantees that the Products provide a therapeutic benefit.
Any health information and links on the Products, whether provided by WeCan or by contract from outside providers, is provided simply for your convenience.
Any advice or other materials in the Products are intended for general information purposes only. They are not intended to be relied upon and are not a substitute for professional medical advice based on your individual condition and circumstances. The advice and other materials we make available are intended to support the relationship between you and your healthcare providers and not replace it. We are not liable or responsible for any consequences of your having read or been told about such advice or other materials as you assume full responsibility for your decisions and actions. In particular, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we make no representation or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the advice, other materials and information published as part of the Products.
There have been rare reports where people with certain psychiatric problems like anxiety and depression have experienced worsening conditions in conjunction with intensive meditation practice. People with existing mental health conditions should speak with their health care providers before starting a meditation practice.
You will indemnify and hold harmless WeCan and its officers, directors, employee and agents, from and against any claims, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to or use of the Services or Content or (ii) your violation of these Terms.
Limitation of Liability
Neither WeCan nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Services, Products or Content will be liable for any incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, lost profits, loss of data or goodwill, service interruption, computer damage or system failure or the cost of substitute Services or Products arising out of or in connection with these terms or from the use of or inability to use the Services, Products or Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or any other legal theory, and whether or not WeCan has been informed of the possibility of such damage, even if a limited remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
In no event will WeCan’s total liability arising out of or in connection with these terms or from the use of or inability to use the Services, Products or Content exceed the amounts you have paid to WeCan for use of the Services, Products or Content or fifty dollars ($50), if you have not had any payment obligations to WeCan, as applicable. The exclusion and limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between WeCan and you.
These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
Agreement to Arbitrate
You and WeCan agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof or the use of the Services, Products or Content (collectively, “Disputes”) will be settled by binding arbitration, except that each party retains the right: (i) to bring an individual action in small claims court and (ii) to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party’s copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents or other intellectual property rights (the action described in the foregoing clause (ii), an “IP Protection Action”). Without limiting the preceding sentence, you will also have the right to litigate any other Dispute if you provide WeCan with written notice of your desire to do so by email at firstname.lastname@example.org within thirty (30) days following the date you first agree to these Terms (such notice, an “Arbitration Opt-out Notice”). If you don’t provide WeCan with an Arbitration Opt-out Notice within the thirty (30) day period, you will be deemed to have knowingly and intentionally waived your right to litigate any Dispute except as expressly set forth in clauses (i) and (ii) above. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any IP Protection Action or, if you timely provide WeCan with an Arbitration Opt-out Notice, will be the state and federal courts located in the Northern District of California and each of the parties hereto waives any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts. Unless you timely provide WeCan with an Arbitration Opt-out Notice, you acknowledge and agree that you and WeCan are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action or representative proceeding.Further, unless both you and WeCan otherwise agree in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of any class or representative proceeding. If this specific paragraph is held unenforceable, then the entirety of this “Dispute Resolution” section will be deemed void. Except as provided in the preceding sentence, this “Dispute Resolution” section will survive any termination of these Terms.
The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by this “Dispute Resolution” section. (The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org/arb_med or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.) The Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation and enforcement of this Section.
A party who desires to initiate arbitration must provide the other party with a written Demand for Arbitration as specified in the AAA Rules. (The AAA provides a general Demand for Arbitration form and a separate form for Demand for Arbitration for California residents.) The arbitrator will be either a retired judge or an attorney licensed to practice law and will be selected by the parties from the AAA’s roster of arbitrators. If the parties are unable to agree upon an arbitrator within seven (7) days of delivery of the Demand for Arbitration, then the AAA will appoint the arbitrator in accordance with the AAA Rules.
Arbitration Location and Procedure
Unless you and WeCan otherwise agree, the arbitration will be conducted in the county where you reside. If your claim does not exceed $10,000, then the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of the documents that you and WeCan submit to the arbitrator, unless you request a hearing or the arbitrator determines that a hearing is necessary. If your claim exceeds $10,000, your right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Subject to the AAA Rules, the arbitrator will have the discretion to direct a reasonable exchange of information by the parties, consistent with the expedited nature of the arbitration.
The arbitrator will render an award within the time frame specified in the AAA Rules. The arbitrator’s decision will include the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator based the award. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator’s award of damages must be consistent with the terms of the “Limitation of Liability” section above as to the types and amounts of damages for which a party may be held liable. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the claimant and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the claimant’s individual claim. If you prevail in arbitration you will be entitled to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses, to the extent provided under applicable law. WeCan will not seek, and hereby waives all rights it may have under applicable law to recover, attorneys’ fees and expenses if it prevails in arbitration.
Your responsibility to pay any AAA filing, administrative and arbitrator fees will be solely as set forth in the AAA Rules. However, if your claim for damages does not exceed $75,000, WeCan will pay all such fees unless the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in your Demand for Arbitration was frivolous or was brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)).
Notwithstanding the provisions of the “Modification” section above, if WeCan changes this “Dispute Resolution” section after the date you first accepted these Terms (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms), you may reject any such change by sending us written notice (including by email to email@example.com) within 30 days of the date such change became effective, as indicated in the “Last Updated” date above or in the date of WeCan’s email to you notifying you of such change. By rejecting any change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any Dispute between you and WeCan in accordance with the provisions of this “Dispute Resolution” section as of the date you first accepted these Terms (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms).
These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between WeCan and you regarding the Services, Products and Content, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between WeCan and you regarding the Services, Products and Content. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable (either by an arbitrator appointed pursuant to the terms of the “Arbitration” section above or by court of competent jurisdiction, but only if you timely opt out of arbitration by sending us an Arbitration Opt-out Notice in accordance with the terms set forth above), that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without WeCan’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. WeCan may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications provided by WeCan under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be given: (i) by WeCan via email; or (ii) by posting to the Services. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
WeCan’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of WeCan. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Services or Products, please contact WeCan at firstname.lastname@example.org.